Thursday 16 October 2014

Visting MUN.

  This week I, Chantel Nguyen, went to go visit the club Model United Nations or, shortly and more commonly known as MUN. When I first walked into room I saw a lot of people, and from that point I knew that this would be a great club. Not only was there a large amount of people but there were also a lot of good thing said about this club from a few of my older friends that had previously joined this group, they really recommended it.
  The leaders of the group began to explain what MUN was. At first it was difficult to understand due to the amount of people talking at the same time and the leaders were talking quite fast as well. Everyone soon settled down at it was just a bit better to understand the leaders, They began to go through the website and their Facebook page. People still began to be rude and continued to talk over the leaders, therefore it was still difficult to understand them. The leaders were incredibly patient with the other kids in the room, though they were extremely loud, the leaders continued to ask politely the other fellow students to quiet down. The leaders showed told us other students about the sign up page and where as well as what country to pick and how certain countries may be unavailable. They had also informed us about each event and where to pay for transportation. They told us about their "most fun event", which was the one of where we stay at a fancy hotel for 3 days and get together with other people from other countries and discuss our world problems. The main reason why this event is so fun, in their opinion was because you were able to dress up and make new friends as well as open up to other people, This hotel was located in Down Town, Vancouver and we had to pay about $110 to stay at the hotel for 3 days, unless you didn't want to sleep at the hotel then you could've paid a lower price. However, you would have to get to the hotel some how on your own, it obviously was not recommended due to the length from Surrey to Vancouver. They continued to discuss about the event. About three quarters through the meeting I left early because more and more people began to come in and it started to become extremely stuffy and I had to get out. I couldn't breathe and I started to get anxious. I left early without listening to the end because it couldn't breathe in the small room.
  I ended up not joining the club because of the amount of information I received from the meeting, I did not understand enough to join, my other reason was because my mother does not have the time to pick me up from and after meetings and other occasions because of her busy and time consuming job.
  Though I did not join, I still really enjoyed the meeting and soon hope to join it next year.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you describe what happened at the meeting , there's lots of interesting information.I think it's a great paragraph without mistake.By the way, if the fancy hotel is FREE , I might join MUN. LOL

    ReplyDelete